Republic of the Union of Myanmar
State Counsellor Office
Acknowledgement to the Public
12th Waning of Pyatho 1378 ME
22nd January 2017
- As the Union Government has been taking measures for considerable change, one of the priorities of the Union Government among others is the prevention and elimination of the danger of drug abuse posed by narcotic drugs. Drug issues have grown for years in Myanmar as civil armed conflicts are deeply involved in the narcotic drugs problem of Myanmar. There are still challenges posed by the lack of regional stability, which undermines the rule of law and administrative power.
- In establishing the National Reconciliation and Peace Centre, an emphasis has been placed on considerable reduction of drug problems through peace efforts. It has also been found that the production of new narcotic drugs has an enormous impact on the socio-economic life while drug control policies are being adopted. As measures are being taken to reduce the abuse of narcotic drugs among the new generation of youths, similar measures have been taken to control production, trafficking and money laundering at the same time. An emphasis has been placed on drug trafficking on a retail and wholesale basis to keep narcotic drugs out of reach of young people.
- In any strategic plan, it is the basis that cooperation of the people is essential. Only when all strata of people participate in the efforts and when the advice and suggestions of the people are available, practical and effective strategies and policies can be developed. It is important to eliminate the dark clouds of narcotic drugs for the new generations who own the future of the country so that they can shoulder the duties of the country healthily and safely with a firm determination.
- Ko Yarzar Hein, 35, is a motor-cycle mechanic living in Utshitpin town, Padaung Township. Upon suspicion of an oil tanker that parked near the San Pet Let recreation camp in the jungle, he informed Police Officer Kyaw Soe Oo of the Traffic Control Police, Utshitpin. Under the instruction of Police Officer Kyaw Soe Oo, Ko Yarzar Hein kept closed-watch on the site nearby the house of U Khin Zaw Oo in the jungle from 2nd December to 10th December for 8 days in the disguise of a worker with a full ration. Meanwhile, he watched the house of the driver U Kyaw Kyaw in Nyaung Chae Htauk Village. Using information given by Ko Yarzar Hein, police forces and Ko Yarzar Hein blocked the street to search the 6-wheeled blue truck at Nyaungyo Immigration Gate, seizing 14 million WY brand orange amphetamine tablets at 4 am on December 10, 2016 and arrested three, including U Kyaw Kyaw.
- Ko Yarzar Hein made a marvelous effort to launch an anti-drug eradication effort of his own accord, without being influenced by anyone to do so, seizing such an enormous amount of drugs at the risk of his life for the benefit of the country and the public. He did this, being well convinced of the evil effects of the drugs without fear. Hence, it is announced this acknowledgement that Ko Yarzar Hein has been chosen as the person who was worth congratulating for December 2016.
- It is honourly recorded that all Myanmar nationals are wholeheartedly urged to contribute their efforts, as a dutiful civic, in the nation building iand in the process of elimination of narcotic drugs based on the noble attempts andthe spirit of the good citizen, like Ko Yazar Hein.